Re: Installed Oracle, how to create 1st database?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 08:59:18 -0800

Jarmo wrote:

> "Jarmo" <jarmo_at_jarmo.com> wrote in message
>

>>"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_ x.washington.edu> wrote in message
>>
>>>Well anyone that took a day to create a database in Oracle clearly
>>>spent 23.75 hours trying to figure out how to do what they could
>>>have learned by reading the installation instructions.
>>
>>Do you read the owner's manual from front to back every time you
>>rent a new car?  No, because you don't have to and nor should you.

> That was just a strangled plea for more usable software, by the way. Oracle
> is a complex product but it seems unnecessarily so to the newcomer.
>
> PS thanks for your advice in the other thread, Daniel.

I agree. But considering that it isn't MS Word ... I'd not expect the installation and configuration to be as simple.

Considering the complexity of the beast. I'm amazed it installas at all.

And those of us that started with Oracle in version 7, or before, remember when even reading the manual didn't guarantee a successful installation. Oracle has come a long way.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)