Re: Gupta SQL Windows to Forms

From: Anna C. Dent <anacdent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 17:49:54 -0800

R.B wrote:
> Our project is looking into migrating the client side of a client server
> application from Gupta SQL Windows 1.5 to Oracle Forms. The Forms will run
> under IAS on Solaris and communicate with the Oracle 9.2 database on another
> Solaris 9 box.
>
> Has anyone had any experience of doing this so they could let me know of any
> potential problems or things to look out for etc. Also, I am assuming that
> Forms code developed on Windows P.Cs can be copied over to Solaris and work
> unchanged, is this correct?

Where I work Forms & Reports are developed using the 6i PC based tools. On the Solaris boxes I have both 9iAS R1 & R2 installed. I use the exact same "source" files which were created on the PCs to generate new runtime files for both R1 & R2. So we end up with three different folders/directories with version specific runtime files in them.

Just be warned that you'll run into filename case sensitity issues; because WINDOZE is case insensitive & Unix is case sensitive. These issues can be overcome by judicious use of softlinks on Solaris. Received on Fri Nov 14 2003 - 02:49:54 CET

Original text of this message