ORA-00942 on upgrading Forms from 4.5 to 6

From: pixelmeow <NJZLIRWUWYGI_at_spammotel.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:26:06 GMT

Hello, all;

I have done much research on this, and applied several possible solutions that I have found here and on other various groups. Here is the problem:

We have about 200 forms and reports that are presently in Developer/2000 format. They were upgraded to that format from some other, many years ago; I don't know what they were then. We are in the process of upgrading everything to version 6 (NOT 6i) in anticipation of deploying to the web. Upgrading is going okay so far, but when we try to run the main form, outside of the Developer environment, we get the ORA-00942 error.

In my research, I came across one solution of granting explicit permissions to the user who will connect to whatever they need to see, instead of granting permissions to the role that the user has assigned to it. I granted the explicit permissions to the user, since they had been assigned to the role as was the case for the situation I had read. This did not solve the problem.

[Quoted] [Quoted] There is also the issue of the FRM45_ENABLED_ROLES in PUBLIC. Should this be "upgraded" to reflect Forms 6.0? And if so, how? Please, feel free to point me at the right manual; it seems I've read everything but I can't figure this out. Does it even have anything to do with any of this?

I granted explicit rights to the user to everything in that schema, all tables, views, anything I thought may help. I realize this is drastic, but it's a test database and only in use by myself and my boss (who is doing the forms work). Any ideas, please let me know.

Windows 2000 Server, Oracle 8.1.5, network connection, Developer 6.0.

Thank you all so much for all the help you have given.

--
Teresa Redmond
Programmer/Analyst II