Re: SQL*Plus break header

From: Phil Bewig <pbewig_at_swbell.net>
Date: 10 Nov 2003 17:53:42 -0800

Frank <fbortel_at_home.nl> wrote in message news:<booukh$ll8$1_at_news4.tilbu1.nb.home.nl>...
> Phil Bewig wrote:
>
> > I am using SQL*Plus and ordinary SQL (no PL/SQL) to create a
> > report. I would like to write a header line each time a field
> > breaks:
> Something like 'new value' pops to mind

I don't have any problem getting the value. The problem is formatting the BREAK ON column and an associated column so they print once on a separate line at the head of the break instead of being repeated on each line.

If you have a solution using NEW_VALUE could you please be more specific?

Many thanks,

Phil Received on Tue Nov 11 2003 - 02:53:42 CET

Original text of this message