File Upload and Download

From: Anil G <anil.gundugollu_at_comsys.com>
Date: 8 Oct 2003 06:10:00 -0700

I am trying the example given in the PL/SQL Webtool kit and it doesn't seem to be working, I am getting the following error:

An application error has occured. Please try again.

Based on the tips from past posts, I have i. granted select/insert/update permissions on OWS_CONTENT, OWS_OBJECT and execute on OWA_CONTENT to the DAD User ii. created public synonyms for the OWS_CONTENT and OWS_OBJECT tables

Here's my code:

--***************testfaa.html******************

<head>
<title>test upload</title>
</head>

<FORM

    enctype="multipart/form-data"
    action="/rad/owa/write_info"
    method="POST">
<INPUT type="text" name="who">

<INPUT type="text" name="description"><br>

<INPUT type="file" name="file"><br>

<INPUT type="submit">

</FORM>

--***************write_info.sql******************
create or replace procedure write_info (
    who         in varchar2,
    description in varchar2,
    file        in varchar2) as
begin

    insert into myTable values (who, description, file);

    htp.htmlopen;
    htp.headopen;
    htp.title('File Uploaded');
    htp.headclose;
    htp.bodyopen;
    htp.header(1, 'Upload Status');
    htp.print('Uploaded ' || file || ' successfully');
    htp.bodyclose;
    htp.htmlclose;

exception when others then
        htp.print('Uploaded ' || file || ' failed');
        htp.print('Error Msg ' || sqlerrm);
        return;

end write_info;

Any help is greatly appreciated

Anil Received on Wed Oct 08 2003 - 15:10:00 CEST

Original text of this message