Re: username and password on Oracle connection string (jdbc:oracle:thin:_at_host:Port:dataBase)

From: the spammers have won :-( <"the>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 11:15:46 +0200

Wolfgang wrote:

> Can an Oracle JDBC connection string take a username and password?
> The plain version of an Oracle connection string is
> jdbc:oracle:thin:_at_host:Port:dataBase
>
> If it's possible to add username/password to that string, what is the
> prorper syntax?

Hi Wolfgang,
I saw no mention of the database version you are using, so I am assuming the latest (production) version:- 9.2

The information you seek is available from this Web page:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/java.920/a96654/basic.htm#1006238

(That URL may "wrap", since it's _very_ long :-)

The above link is points to the online version of "Oracle9i JDBC Developer's Guide and Reference, Release 2 (9.2)" Chapter 3: Basic Features
section entitled
"Specifying a Database URL That Includes User Name and Password"

Good Luck,
Avi. Received on Wed Oct 08 2003 - 11:15:46 CEST

Original text of this message