Oracle Applications on Linux

From: Steven C. Kondolf <skondolf_at_garbage.rochester.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 21:21:26 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] We currently run Oracle Applications 11.0.3 on an HPUX9000 server running ver 11.0 of the o/s and 8.0.5 of the db. We plan on upgrading to Apps 11i on either 8i or 9i db sometime next year. We would also look to upgrade the server. One of the configurations we're considering is dropping the HP box and going with Dell/Linux.

[Quoted] Not being familiar with this configuration, I'm curious as to comments regarding this setup. It appears Oracle is pushing linux (from what little I know about it) but I'm wondering what other have experienced especially running on an intel-based system.

Thanks in advance.

Peace,
Steve
skondolf_at_garbage.rochester.rr.com Received on Tue Oct 07 2003 - 23:21:26 CEST

Original text of this message