Strange Forms compile problem

From: Ketil Holden <ketil_at_softhome.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:10:42 +0200

We are experiencing some strange problems with two of our application's forms. They are rather large and complex, the .fmb files are about 3,5 to 4.0 Mb.

Both forms rely on objects from .plls and one other form containing common elements used in other forms.

Both forms have trouble compiling. The first one (4 megs .fmb and 900K .fmx) loses about 1 megabyte when saved, and does not work. It takes the browser with it. Almost 100% of the time the erroneous saving can be fixed by adding a message() in a function run halfway through the registration process. The form then "regains" it's correct size, and works normally.

The other form is 3,5 megs, but the .fmx is only some 300K. This has suddenly stopped compiling at all. It was fine until recently, but now it saves wrong all the time, and more often than not pressing the save button in Form Builder makes it crash without saving, of course without error messages. This ususally happens if we try to save the form after compiling it.

The only complaint from Forms Builder throughout this process, is when opening the "common" form it warns that some d2kwhelp library will be missed. I cannot find it, and as I understand it relates to some winhelp stuff - we don't use any winhelp so I figure this should not be a problem.

The errors evident in the forms when they are run are "no data found" or thereabouts, or frm-92100 "your connection was interrupted". The first form also contains the logon form, and will often just not show up in the browser at all.

Any thoughts?

--
Ketil Holden