Re: Installation on Solaris

From: Frederico Fonseca <real-email-in-msg-spam_at_email.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 18:58:48 +0100

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:51:07 +0100, "Chloe Crowder" <chloe.crowder_at_bl.uk> wrote:

>Hi
>
>trying to install Oracle 9.2 on to solaris 5.8 from CD. When the installer
>requests the second disk I can't eject the current disk. Manual eject does
>nothing, and using the eject command tells me umount failed and the drive is
>busy. umount -f fails with a permission failed.
>
>Its the installer hogging the drive, because eject works when I quit
>installer.
>
>Probably something fairly basic, but any ideas? Perhaps the eject has to be
>run as a different user - but which one?
>
>Chloe Crowder
This normally happens because you did a "cd" into the mount point of the CD to proceed with the installation.

just following the following.

do the mount as instructed by Oracle.

DO NOT cd on to the mount point.
run the installer by issuing the command with the full pathname

/"path_to_installer"/runInstaller

If you have enough space on HD it is better if you copy the whole sets of CD's into the HD and then install from there.

Frederico Fonseca
ema il: frederico_fonseca at syssoft-int.com Received on Thu Sep 11 2003 - 19:58:48 CEST

Original text of this message