Installation on Solaris

From: Chloe Crowder <chloe.crowder_at_bl.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:51:07 +0100

Hi

[Quoted] [Quoted] trying to install Oracle 9.2 on to solaris 5.8 from CD. When the installer [Quoted] requests the second disk I can't eject the current disk. Manual eject does [Quoted] [Quoted] nothing, and using the eject command tells me umount failed and the drive is [Quoted] busy. umount -f fails with a permission failed.

Its the installer hogging the drive, because eject works when I quit installer.

Probably something fairly basic, but any ideas? Perhaps the eject has to be [Quoted] run as a different user - but which one?

Chloe Crowder Received on Thu Sep 11 2003 - 16:51:07 CEST

Original text of this message