Re: 'Save as' operation using winapi in oracle forms

From: AS.Arockiasamy <member37209_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 03:38:38 -0400

Tks Mani, for the reply..

And here i will explain my requirements...

I need to import data from XLS to SQL server....

But due to the XLS BUG, i can't import fully (One of my col. contains both str, and numeric value... it takes only first col, value if that is str, then rest of the numeric value is Shown my table as NULL and vice versa...)...

To overcome this , i need to save my xls file to TXT with TAB delimiter(This process i am doing currently mannually, and WANT toAutomate this process thro' some script)....

All my above is Running in DTS....

Now can i incorporate this SAVEAS mehtod in my DTS to automate ...?

Thats my question....?

i don't want to open xls file and do the changes......

if my dts runs, its automatically, save the file to txt with TAB delimiter. and run the following DTS process....

Appreciate if you can help...??

Thanks in Advance....

AS