Re: Enterprise Manager Jobs fail with VNI-2015

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 11:03:52 +0200

"Peter Lang" <peter.lang_at_nurfuerspam.de> wrote in message news:3f56dda3$1_at_news.uni-linz.ac.at...
> Hi!
>
> Every time when I try to schedule an database job with the Oralce
> Enterprise Manager the job always fails with a message: "VNI-2015: ...
> right 'logon as batch job' required for user'".
>
> I use Oralce 9iR2 on a Windows 2000 non primary domain controller (PDC)
> machine.
> I already created a local user account with the local right "logon as
> batch job" which I used for scheduling the job.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks,
> Peter

> Peter Lang
> Linz, Austria

[Quoted] First of all, correct me if I am wrong, but you seem to run Oracle on a PDC. That is a very bad idea.
Secondly, you are using a NT user to connect to the server. Apart from the logon as batch job privilege, that user needs to be capable to login as sysdba, which means the user has to be in the *local* ora_<sid>_dba group on the database server

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA