Re: How to copy a Record from one database to another

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Aug 2003 07:02:47 -0700

"Markus Hoss" <ho_at_gruen-ag.de> wrote in message news:<bhd1km$q7d$1_at_online.de>...
> Hi, to all.
>
> I´m a oracle newbie and have a question to all cracks out there:
>
> My task is to update a table in a database 2 whenever a record is inserted
> in a table in database 1. Both databases are on the same server. What is the
> tool of choice? My idea was to use triggers. But how do I connect to the
> second database? Is it possible to start a Pro C / C++ App from a trigger?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Markus Hoß

1 use a trigger
2 use a database link in this trigger
3 starting a Pro C/C++ App from a trigger is a very bad idea and calls for Billy to apply his lead pipe (tm)
Why would you also do it if you have pl/sql

You may want to learn Oracle first, before you decide to use multiple databases. You aren't brainwashed by the Evil Empire, aren't you?

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Wed Aug 13 2003 - 16:02:47 CEST

Original text of this message