Re: OIP-04122: Bind variable not fully enabled

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:10:09 +0100

[Quoted] "Norman Dunbar" <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk> wrote in message news:E2F6A70FE45242488C865C3BC1245DA70410CFD0_at_lnewton.leeds.lfs.co.uk...
> Greetings,
>
> I've got absolutely no idea about ASP but this looks suspicious to me :
>
> >> OraDatabase.Parameters.Add "DIR", DIR, ORAPARM_OUTPUT, 1
> >> OraDatabase.Parameters.Add "NOM", NOM, ORAPARM_OUTPUT, 1
>
> I presume the '1' at the end is the posityion of the parameter in the
> SQL ? If so, you have both DIR and NOM at position 1.
>
> If the '1' is not the position, then I'm sorry, I haven't a clue.

Hi Norman

1 isn't the position it is the data type (varchar2).

The helpfile for Oracle Objects for OLE says that 04122 Bind variable not [Quoted] enabled is an 'internal error'.

The cause of this appears to be not including the oo4o constants in the asp [Quoted] page, the resolution would be either include the constants.txt file in the [Quoted] web page or else replace ORA_PARAMOUTPUT with its actual numerical value.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA