Re: Need advice on Oracle Forms

From: Dave Williams <davetati_at_dsli.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:01:37 -0400

Yes I did have a similar post, but this time I decided to be more descriptive on what I was doing.

The fields are not display only fields since I did state that they will have LOV's on them, thus they can be changed.

Therefore, I guess the way that I am doing it is probably the best, to change the status of the record in the post query trigger.

Cheers,

Dave.

"Maximus" <qweqwe_at_qwqwewq.com> wrote in message news:EKVZa.730422$Vi5.16694993_at_news1.calgary.shaw.ca...
> Er... didn't you recently start a thread regarding the same issue? You
may
> want to refer back to your original thread and save some time because
you're
> going to get the same answers all over again. Just to recap:
>
> option #1: use display items instead of text items for fields that are
> populated post-query and that do not need to be interactively edited.
> Whenever you alter a text item in a database block it also changes the
block
> status to 'changed', even if the item is not bound to a table field.
>
> option #2: base your block on a view
>
> option #3: create a control block to seperate the bound fields from the
> display fields
>
> "Dave Williams" <davetati_at_dsli.com> wrote in message
> > All,
> >
> > I am looking for the best way to code/design a form around several
tables
> > that I have. I will go into detail as to what I am trying to do.
> >
> > I have 3 tables: Users, Depts and Roles.
> >
> > A user belongs to a dept and has a role. Other information in the user
> > table is the country he/she resides along with Oracle apps login name
and
> > e-mail.
> >
> > I want this form to be a muti-purpose form that allows an admin type
> person
> > to add users and to add new roles and depts. Countries come from
> > FND_TERRITORIES_TL.
> >
> > I envision the form having 3 tabs. One for users, 1 for depts and 1 for
> > roles.
> >
> > On the tab for user maintenance I obviously want to validate entry for
> roles
> > and depts (and countries) to be valid against the appropriate tables.
The