Re: Corrupted varchar2 strings with ojdbc14.jar and Oracle 8.1.6

From: Mark Meytin <mark_at_meytin.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:48:51 -0400

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> Upgrade to a supported version of Oracle

   Great advice - but it's hardly a feasible option when I have a production    system serving thousands of people. The upgrade is in the works, but    is not likely to be done for at least a month, if not more. The JDBC    drivers are supposed to be backwards compatible. In fact, acoording    to Oracle's own documentation:

http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle9i/doc_library/release2/java.920/a96654/getsta.htm#1008206

   these drivers should work with Oracle versions up to and including 8.0.4.    Any other ideas?

-M-