Re: How To Update A Table From Excel

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:59:23 GMT

DeSorrow Golden was kind enough to write:
> How would I use a macro to update an Oracle table using Excel?

You don't indicate your level of expertise, so I don't know how to answer your question. Search Google for "oracle excel vba" (without quotes) and click on a few of the zillions of links that look interesting to you.

I hope you have considered the security ramifications and data corruption possibilities of what you're proposing. Downloading to Excel is one thing ... updating from Excel is quite another (and most likely a bad -- terrible -- idea that will be frowned upon by your DBA).

--
[:%s/Karsten Farrell/Oracle DBA/g]