Re: SELECT returns different recordsets in different tools?!

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 09:15:45 -0700

Valentin Tihomirov wrote:

> When I requested an insert of multipe records (with autocommit after each
> SQL stmt) the client stalled and I'd cancelled the operation. Seems you're
> right, the problem was with commit.
> However, I think that database should not return uncommited data on SELECTs.
> The connection type of PL/SQL is strange. Once when OCI connection (don't
> know what is it) to Oracle was broken (none of tools could connect to it);
> the PL/SQL still could. That is, PL/SQL has a direct connection to Oracle
> granting it access to the secret areas of this database.

Saying the database should or should not do something is a clear indication that you have not invested time in
reading the Oracle concepts and architecture documents at http://tahiti.oracle.com.

I would suggest you consider doing so unless you value unproductive time.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu