Re: SELECT returns different recordsets in different tools?!

From: Valentin Tihomirov <valentin_at_abelectron.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:12:21 +0300

[Quoted] [Quoted] When I requested an insert of multipe records (with autocommit after each SQL stmt) the client stalled and I'd cancelled the operation. Seems you're right, the problem was with commit.
However, I think that database should not return uncommited data on SELECTs. The connection type of PL/SQL is strange. Once when OCI connection (don't know what is it) to Oracle was broken (none of tools could connect to it); the PL/SQL still could. That is, PL/SQL has a direct connection to Oracle granting it access to the secret areas of this database. Received on Mon Jun 30 2003 - 12:12:21 CEST

Original text of this message