Re: JAVA-COM bridge and WEB forms, Have you done it? Can you help? Heeeelp

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 14:31:01 +0200

[Quoted] On 21 Jun 2003 21:54:37 -0700, sldcrew2k_at_yahoo.com (steve deno) wrote:

>The Server has 500 mb of memory. The only thing that's on it is the
>application server. Is it really possible that a memory issue would
>give this sort of error? Do you know of any way to dig further in to
>that? Also, I would be open to other suggestions on
>uploading/downloading documents to the server from web forms. Support
>says that this method is not supportable since the JACOB JAVA-com
>bridge is 3rd party, but It seemed pretty straight forward in the
>article that explained how to do it.

As we are talking Java this might well be insufficient. Null pointer exceptions are usually being cause by dynamically allocating memory and not checking the result of the function allocating the memory. Most BSOD in Winblows are being caused by Winblows never checking the result of the malloc call. Also most likely it is *not* the only thing on the application server, as winblows comes with a deluge of services you usually don't need.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Jun 22 2003 - 14:31:01 CEST

Original text of this message