Re: dbastudio: no logon possible

From: Oliver Budde <oliver.budde_at_xxx.de>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 13:33:28 +0200

I solved that problem!
A debug session drove to the solution. I started Oracle with oemapp debug dbastudio and received this exception:

<snip>

NVFactory: _readNVPair expected )
NVFactory: _readNVPair expected )
NVFactory: _readNVLiteral expected LITERAL
java.lang.NullPointerException
at oracle.net.nl.NVPair.setAtom(NVPair.java)
at oracle.net.nl.NVFactory._readNVPair(NVFactory.java)
at oracle.net.nl.NVFactory.createNVPair(NVFactory.java)
at oracle.net.nl.NLParamParser.addNLPListElement(NLParamParser.java)
at oracle.net.nl.NLParamParser.<init>(NLParamParser.java)
at oracle.sysman.vdb.VdbUtil.findInTNSFile(VdbUtil.java:756)
at oracle.sysman.vdb.VdbUtil.findInTNSNAMES(VdbUtil.java:723) at oracle.sysman.vdb.VdbUtil.buildConnectDescriptor(VdbUtil.java:272) at
oracle.sysman.vdb.VdbSession.buildConnectionInformation(VdbSession.java:4122 )
at oracle.sysman.vdb.VdbSession.establishConnection(VdbSession.java:1249) at oracle.sysman.vdb.VdbSession.<init>(VdbSession.java:763) at
oracle.sysman.vdb.VdbAutoCommitSession.<init>(VdbAutoCommitSession.java:266) at
oracle.sysman.vdb.VdbSessionFactory.getNewAutoCommitSession(VdbSessionFactor y.java:1206)
</snip>

This exception occurs while parsing the tnsnames.ora and listner.ora. So after correcting my entries there, everything works fine again.