Re: Can't email using utl_smtp

From: Pavel Vetesnik <Pavel.Vet_at_volny.cz>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 15:51:45 +0200

"Paul Dixon" <antispam_at_bt.com> píše v diskusním příspěvku news:bbi3je$lv1$1_at_pheidippides.axion.bt.co.uk...

> "Pavel Vetesnik" <Pavel.Vet_at_volny.cz> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I tried to send emails using utl_smtp package (on Oracle 8i), but I was
> not
> > succesfull.
>
> Pavel,
>
> I've had trouble getting this to work myself.
>
> I didn't see anything wrong with your code, however I've taken values from
> your code and put them into a test package that definitely works on my
> server (Oracle 8.1.7.4). Try running my code with dbms_output switched on
> and check the responses you get. It's possible your mailserver just
doesn't
> like the values your sending it and the replies it gives could point you
in
> the right direction.
>

> Paul Dixon
> CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY pkg_email AS
> PROCEDURE send (p_sender_name IN VARCHAR2,
> (....)

[Quoted] Hi Paul,

thank you for your quick answer and for your code. It is interesting to watch the inter-server communication.
But the result is in my case strange a bit:

Mail connection:jupiter.stk.cz, port:25
Message is: jupiter.stk.cz Mercury 1.43 ESMTP server ready. domain is jupiter.stk.cz
Message is: jupiter.stk.cz Hi there, jupiter.stk.cz. Sender is pavel.vet_at_volny.cz
Message is: Sender OK - send RCPTs.
Recipient is P.Vetesnik_at_stk.cz
Message is: Recipient OK - send RCPT or DATA. open_data response message is: OK, send data, end with CRLF.CRLF Response to sent message is: Data received OK.

It shows perfect communication (IMHO). But the email doesn't arrive :-). Where it goes to I really don't know. It seems I need to talk with our administrator.

I forget to say, that we use firewall. But I have doubts, that it blocks the email communication.

Pavel Received on Tue Jun 03 2003 - 15:51:45 CEST

Original text of this message