Can't run report in ASYNCHRONOUS mode - forms/reports 9i

From: Arturo <aparafiniuk_at_rogers.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 21:24:55 GMT

Hi All,

I'm trying to make a report run in ASYNCHRONOUS mode. I want to press a button on a form, submit the report to the reports server and be able to navigate within the form while the report is being executed on the reports server.

My problem is, no matter what mode I choose (ASYNCHRONOUS or SYNCHRONOUS), the mode ALWAYS ends up being SYNCHRONOUS. After I press the button (code below), I get the hourglass and I can't navigate within the form until the report is finished. Then I can view it.

The reports server I'm using is installed locally on the same PC I'm testing the form.

Can someone help me please? I'm using using Forms Builder 9.0.2.9.0 - I was told the communication mode is something that forms handles when calling run_report_object.

Thank you,
Artur

declare

v_repid REPORT_OBJECT;
v_rep in varchar2(100);

begin
v_repid := find_report_object('TEST');

SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(v_repid, REPORT_EXECUTION_MODE, BATCH);

SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(v_repid, REPORT_COMM_MODE, ASYNCHRONOUS);

SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(v_repid, REPORT_DESTYPE, 'CACHE');

SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(v_repid, REPORT_DESFORMAT, 'PDF'); -- OR HTMLCSS

SET_REPORT_OBJECT_PROPERTY(v_repid, REPORT_SERVER, 'REPSERV'); -- local pc reports server

v_rep := RUN_REPORT_OBJECT(v_repid);

end; Received on Sat May 31 2003 - 23:24:55 CEST

Original text of this message