Re: Hide SqlPlus username/password in UNIX Script

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 22:39:39 -0700

Ubiquitous wrote:

> In article <d6052717.0304230844.2382873d_at_posting.google.com>,
> gilgantic_at_yahoo.com wrote:
>
> >I want to hide the username and password when I run SqlPlus on in a UNIX
> >script.How do I do this?
>
> I never tried it, but about using a stored PL/SQL procedure containing
> the call which invokes SQL*LOADER? That way you just invoke the stored
> procedure without showing the password.
>
> --
> ISLAM: Winning the hearts and minds of the world, one bomb at a time.

You can not execute SQL*Loader from a PL/SQL procedure. SQLJ yes, but not PL/SQL. And thank you for slamming an entire religion and every single person that believes in it because of the actions of a few psychopaths. This is hardly putting our best values forward in an international forum and I find your tag line offensive.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu