Re: SQL*ReportWriter v1.1 printdef problems

From: Ms. D.H. Harvey <qq45_at_liverpool.ac.uk>
Date: 21 May 2003 11:07:31 GMT

,Dom <form999v_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
: We are running SQL*ReportWriter on a Unix platform (DG-UX) and are
: running into problems adding a new printer. The printer works as a
: normal UNIX printer but when it comes to using it with
: SQL*ReportWriter we get the following error

: The printer file specified was not a valid printer description
: (printdef) file.

: We then try add the printer definition file using printdef but then
: get the following error:

: root> printdef lab_xerox xerox default
: SQL*ReportWriter: Version 1.1.14.16.1 - Production on Tue May 20
: 17:57:25 2003
: Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1979, 1993. All rights reserved.
: Generating printer file for lab_xerox...
: Printer not in printdef database.

: Apologies if this is a trivial question, but we're stuck!
: Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance

: Dom

Hi Dom

The definition for printer lab_xerox is not in your printdef file ie the one named default ...

HTH Helen Received on Wed May 21 2003 - 13:07:31 CEST

Original text of this message