SQL*ReportWriter v1.1 printdef problems

From: Dom <form999v_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 May 2003 10:17:32 -0700

[Quoted] [Quoted] We are running SQL*ReportWriter on a Unix platform (DG-UX) and are running into problems adding a new printer. The printer works as a normal UNIX printer but when it comes to using it with SQL*ReportWriter we get the following error

[Quoted] [Quoted]    The printer file specified was not a valid printer description (printdef) file.

[Quoted] [Quoted] We then try add the printer definition file using printdef but then get the following error:

root> printdef lab_xerox xerox default
[Quoted] [Quoted] SQL*ReportWriter: Version 1.1.14.16.1 - Production on Tue May 20 17:57:25 2003
Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1979, 1993. All rights reserved. Generating printer file for lab_xerox... Printer not in printdef database.

[Quoted] [Quoted] Apologies if this is a trivial question, but we're stuck! Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance

Dom Received on Tue May 20 2003 - 19:17:32 CEST

Original text of this message