SPOOL command in same script for Windows & UNIX clients

From: Stephen Haunch <smhaunch_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 12:29:20 +0100

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have SQL*Plus scripts which run primarily through the Windows SQL*Plus [Quoted] client, these scripts contain SPOOL commands like this: -

SPOOL Output\uunl-135-&reportdate..txt

If I were to run this script using a UNIX SQL*Plus client the SPOOL command shown above would cause problems because it should be: -

SPOOL Output/uunl-135-&reportdate..txt

Is there a way to make SQL*Plus figure out which type of directory delimiter to use, i.e. \ for Windows and / for UNIX?

Any help would be appreciated!

Steve Received on Fri May 16 2003 - 13:29:20 CEST

Original text of this message