Re: 9iAS on Windows vs. Unix

From: J Alex <jalexanderssd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 20:21:52 GMT

"Lori J." <ljohnson_at_iamerica.net> wrote
> Hello Folks,
>
> We will be installing Oracle 9iAS application server soon. We will run
the
> database on an AIX IBM box. We have had consultants tell us that 9iAS
runs
> better on Unix and others recommend running it under Windows 2000. We
will
> have approximately 200 users accessing the application server (all
internal
> initially). I would appreciate hearing from any of you that have
experience
> on the subject.

I've set it up on both with good results, but the Windows install was for a small number of users. Windows was for less than 10 users, Unix was for several hundred. Both of these installs were for running Forms/Reports on the web.
The initial install and configuration time was about the same. Received on Wed Apr 02 2003 - 22:21:52 CEST

Original text of this message