Re: isqlplus

From: Alison Holloway <Xalison.holloway_at_oracle.comX>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:55:34 +1000

iSQL*Plus has the ability to load or execute scripts through a URL. You can create an HTML form that includes optional login information, script to load/execute, the URL for the iSQL*Plus server, etc. This is actually a very good use of this feature.

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a90842/ch8.htm#1006243 and
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a90842/ch4.htm#1006462

You can set it up so that a user automatically logs in, executes a script, logs out and displays the script. The user doesn't even really know they've been logged into iSQL*Plus. It's much easier to deploy than asking someone to log into SQL*Plus command line. You just supply a web page with the form, or a URL and they're away.

Alison