Re: Oracle 9i Developer Suite Release 2 instllation problem under Linux

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 08:33:26 -0800

"Andrew W. Nosenko" wrote:

> DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote:
> :
> : Remove it
>
> What you means under the word `it'?
>
> : Clean up the log files
> : Reboot
> : Try again
> : Check for error message if logged
>
> Morgan, thanks for your trying to help, but, *PLEASE*, read carefully
> original posting (root posting of this thread)!!! Even total
> replacement of hardware (machine) was tried! And log messages and
> symptoms are identical in both cases.
>
> --
> Andrew W. Nosenko (awn_at_bcs.zp.ua)

Original threads are not available to many of us so once something is snipped ... it is gone.

I've installed the product many times in many environments and never had a problem. But even if I had experienced problems ... a statement that something doesn't work without an error message is so generic little or no help is really possible.

My suspicion based on what you have now said would be to reinstall the O/S.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Mar 13 2003 - 17:33:26 CET

Original text of this message