Re: Oracle 9i Developer Suite Release 2 instllation problem under Linux

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:08:50 -0800

[Quoted] "Andrew W. Nosenko" wrote:

> TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us> wrote:
> :
> : Did you follow exactly the pre-requisites needed BEFORE installing -
> : listed in the readmes I believe..
> : ( Including setting up the environment)
> :
> : Just a place to begin...
> :
>
> Of course. Including but not limited to temporary space requirements ;-)
>
> --
> Andrew W. Nosenko (awn_at_bcs.zp.ua)

[Quoted] When you say "Of course" it should be noted that Oracle advises installing iDS before the RDBMS. I'd verify all of the pre and post installation requirements again.

[Quoted] [Quoted] Look at the new tnsnames.ora installed with iDS, run tnsping from both ORACLE_HOME directories, etc.

[Quoted] [Quoted] Any ORA-##### messages? Any log file entries?

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Mar 12 2003 - 21:08:50 CET

Original text of this message