Re: ODBC on Windows NT and Oracle 8i

From: Justin Cave <jocave_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Mar 2003 12:41:09 -0800

Detlef Jockheck <djockheck_at_gauselmann.de> wrote in message news:<khc3k-f7l.ln1_at_java.adp-entwicklung.gauselmann.de>...

> what do I need to download from oracle to use odbc on windows nt. I have a
> running Oracle 8i on Redhat 7.0. Then I installed the mdac-Tools from
> Microsoft for Database access on my NT-Machine. Now I'm told that I need to
> download a odbc-Driver from Oracle. I'm looking for a simple exe-file to
> install odbc. Where can I find this?

  1. You'll need to download and install the Oracle client. This is available from http://otn.oracle.com. If you used CD's to install the database on your linux box, it's also on the Windows database CD.
  2. When you install the Oracle client, a version of the Oracle ODBC driver will be installed. Generally, you'll want to grab an updated driver from OTN and install that with the Oracle Universal Installer (installed as part of the Oracle client install).

Justin Cave Received on Wed Mar 12 2003 - 21:41:09 CET

Original text of this message