Re: Anyone seen this problem with DevSuite Rel 2?

From: Useko Netsumi <usenets_at_nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 19:31:28 -0500

I did un-install the Oracle 9i DB 9.2.0.1 and unset all environment variable related to the DB.

I then run the 'runInstaller' and still the below error came up ...

 Install Successfull
   Linking Oracle9i Developer Suite Release 2.0.9.0.2.0.0

   Copying rpt_jdev_help.jar (64%)

   In the message box called 'Untitled' it says:

   Error in invoking target install of makefile    /usr/local/oracle/ora_home_ds/plsql/lib/ins_plsql.mk

   Press 'Help'   for more information
   Press 'Retry'  to try again
   Press 'Ignore' to ignore this error and go on.
   Press 'Cancel' to stop this installation

Then I press ignore, the following error came up ...

    Error in invoking target install of makefile    /usr/local/oracle/ora_home_ds/network/lib/ins_oemagent.mk

   Press 'Help'   for more information
   Press 'Retry'  to try again
   Press 'Ignore' to ignore this error and go on.
   Press 'Cancel' to stop this installation

Then I press ignore again, the following error came up

   Error in invoking target install of makefile    /usr/local/oracle/ora_home_ds/precomp/lib/ins_precomp.mk

   Press 'Help'   for more information
   Press 'Retry'  to try again
   Press 'Ignore' to ignore this error and go on.
   Press 'Cancel' to stop this installation

I press ignore, then this error came up

   Error in invoking target install of makefile    /usr/local/oracle/ora_home_ds/precomp/lib/ins_precomp.mk

   Press 'Help'   for more information
   Press 'Retry'  to try again
   Press 'Ignore' to ignore this error and go on.
   Press 'Cancel' to stop this installation

I press ignore, then this error came up

   Error in invoking target install of makefile    /usr/local/oracle/ora_home_ds/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk

   Press 'Help'   for more information
   Press 'Retry'  to try again
   Press 'Ignore' to ignore this error and go on.
   Press 'Cancel' to stop this installation

I press ignore, then this error came up

   Error in invoking target install of makefile    /usr/local/oracle/ora_home_ds/precomp/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk

   Press 'Help'   for more information
   Press 'Retry'  to try again
   Press 'Ignore' to ignore this error and go on.
   Press 'Cancel' to stop this installation

and so on and on ... until it said it linked successfully.

Thanks in advance.
"Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:00a55vohc7itp387t4cf80bvnn28nmksmm_at_4ax.com...
> On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 12:55:58 -0500, "Useko Netsumi"
> <usenets_at_nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>
> >I had installed the Oracle 9i DB rel 9.2.0.1 prior to the installation.
But