Anyone seen this problem with DevSuite Rel 2?

From: Useko Netsumi <usenets_at_nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 12:55:58 -0500

Below are the specification,

Software to install: Oracle 9i Developer Suite Release 2

for Linux

Hardware/OS:

1)PIII, 1GB RAM, and 60GB diskspace
2)Redhat Linux 7.3(latest)
3)Oracle 9i release 9.2.0.1 DB
4)  see below:

v Install Successfull

   Linking Oracle9i Developer Suite Release 2.0.9.0.2.0.0

   Copying rpt_jdev_help.jar (64%)

   In the message box called 'Untitled' it says:

   Error in invoking target install of makefile
/usr/local/oracle/ora_home_ds/plsql/lib/ins_plsql.mk

   Press 'Help'   for more information
   Press 'Retry'  to try again
   Press 'Ignore' to ignore this error and go on.
   Press 'Cancel' to stop this installation

Then I press ignore, the following error came up ...

    Error in invoking target install of makefile
/usr/local/oracle/ora_home_ds/network/lib/ins_oemagent.mk

   Press 'Help'   for more information
   Press 'Retry'  to try again
   Press 'Ignore' to ignore this error and go on.
   Press 'Cancel' to stop this installation

Then I press ignore again, the following error came up

   Error in invoking target install of makefile
/usr/local/oracle/ora_home_ds/precomp/lib/ins_precomp.mk

   Press 'Help'   for more information
   Press 'Retry'  to try again
   Press 'Ignore' to ignore this error and go on.
   Press 'Cancel' to stop this installation

I press ignore, then this error came up

   Error in invoking target install of makefile
/usr/local/oracle/ora_home_ds/precomp/lib/ins_precomp.mk

   Press 'Help'   for more information
   Press 'Retry'  to try again
   Press 'Ignore' to ignore this error and go on.
   Press 'Cancel' to stop this installation

I press ignore, then this error came up

   Error in invoking target install of makefile
/usr/local/oracle/ora_home_ds/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk

   Press 'Help'   for more information
   Press 'Retry'  to try again
   Press 'Ignore' to ignore this error and go on.
   Press 'Cancel' to stop this installation

I press ignore, then this error came up

   Error in invoking target install of makefile
/usr/local/oracle/ora_home_ds/precomp/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk

   Press 'Help'   for more information
   Press 'Retry'  to try again
   Press 'Ignore' to ignore this error and go on.
   Press 'Cancel' to stop this installation

and so on and on ... until it said it linked successfully.

Is it suppose to be this way?

Since it installed correctly without error, is there a way to link all those apps within the Developer Suite manually? How? Thanks.

PS:
[Quoted] I had installed the Oracle 9i DB rel 9.2.0.1 prior to the installation. But I did unset the env variable point to the DB directory and set it to the new ORA_HOME for the Developer Suite installation. Thanks again Received on Tue Feb 18 2003 - 18:55:58 CET

Original text of this message