Re: Icons in Forms 6i not showing up

From: Bill Williams <billwilliams_at_qcsoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:21:19 -0500

Jeff wrote:
In article <3E4C0760.9020800_at_qcsoftware.com>, Bill Williams <billwilliams_at_qcsoftware.com> wrote:

I have a batch file I have been using to run forms 4.5 and 6
[Quoted] applications(on Windows 2000) which sets environment variables such as
FORMxx_PATH and TK23_ICON(for 4.5) and UI_ICON(for 6) which allows me to
easily change where files exist without changing the registry.  These
variables just override what's in the registry.  I just set the
variables and then execute ifrun60 or ifbld60 in the batch file.

I am now trying to run some 6i forms using the same technique and
everything is fine except the icons will not show up on the buttons.
There are several buttons and only the exit and help icons are filled
in(that's the name of the file).  Out of curiosity, I changed one of the
other icon names to "copy" and then suddenly it began to show up, so
obviously it's pulling icons from somewhere, but I don't have a clue

>from where.  I did find some gif files under the

forms60\java\oracle\forms\icons directory which might be being used.  I
just don't know.

Any help?

Try simply moving the icons you think might be the ones being used (the few
that are working) in order to determine exactly where forms is pulling those
icons from (when they stop displaying, you'll know).  That might help you
figure out if the environment variables are doing what you expect.  I don't
think forms in client-server runtime mode uses gif's... only icons.  It's when
you're running from a Forms server that gif's are used instead of icons.

I have tried exactly what you said and I still get the exit and help icons(I moved the gif files just to see).  I have searched my entire system for all *.ico files and the only exit.ico files I find do not even match what is being displayed(the picture is totally different).  I have no idea what this software is doing.