Re: Icons in Forms 6i not showing up

From: Jeff <jeff_at_work.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 13:37:50 GMT

In article <9abba95.0302180553.5bf37119_at_posting.google.com>, billwilliams_at_qcsoftware.com (Bill Williams) wrote:
>Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com> wrote in message
>> billwilliams_at_qcsoftware.com said...
>> > I have a batch file I have been using to run forms 4.5 and 6
>> > applications(on Windows 2000) which sets environment variables such as
>> > FORMxx_PATH and TK23_ICON(for 4.5) and UI_ICON(for 6) which allows me to
>> > easily change where files exist without changing the registry. These
>> > variables just override what's in the registry. I just set the
>> > variables and then execute ifrun60 or ifbld60 in the batch file.
>> >
>> > I am now trying to run some 6i forms using the same technique and
>> > everything is fine except the icons will not show up on the buttons.
>> > There are several buttons and only the exit and help icons are filled
>> > in(that's the name of the file). Out of curiosity, I changed one of the
>> > other icon names to "copy" and then suddenly it began to show up, so
>> > obviously it's pulling icons from somewhere, but I don't have a clue
>> > from where. I did find some gif files under the
>> > forms60\java\oracle\forms\icons directory which might be being used. I
>> > just don't know.
>> >
>> > Any help?
>> >

>> One more thing. According to the Forms 6i "Guidelines for Building
>> Applications," Section 5.2.1.5 "Using Icons," they've changed the
>> environment variable yet again (TK25_ICON). I think they do that to keep
>> us old goats from relying too much on our experience ... and having to
>>
>> See http://otn.oracle.com/doc.pdf/forms/A73073_01.pdf
>
>Thank you for the info.
>
>I haved tried all sorts of variables. I have now also tried TK25_ICON
>and it still does not work. I have also tried UI_ICON, UI60_ICON(saw
>that one somewhere). Oh, how I love Oracle.

Have you considered simply using direct paths in the forms? What we're doing is creating a subdirectory beneath the directory where the forms are run from called "images." Then we simply use "images/iconname" in the button properties. It might be somewhat less flexible and slightly more wasteful in space, but it's portable, especially to forms server, and it keeps icons neatly with the applications. No worries about setting environment variables or altering the registry. :-)

Just an idea. Received on Wed Feb 19 2003 - 14:37:50 CET

Original text of this message