Re: dba studio for oracle 8.1.5 personal edition

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 10 Feb 2003 06:30:46 -0800

"H. Faber" <hf_at_ake-software.de> wrote in message news:<b27q05$jsh$00$1_at_news.t-online.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I have Oracle 8.1.5 Personal Edition for Windows NT. I am searching a
> tool that enables me to administrate the database like for example
> create a new table space, add new users etc. Unfortunately, I could not
> find any appropiate tool in the package. I read about the dba studio
> tool. Can anyone confirm, that this tool is available with my Oracle
> Version. Where could I get it? What alternative tools are available for
> administration of my oracle database?
>
> Henning Faber

[Quoted] sql*plus is a perfectly viable tool that comes with every version of the database even with your desupported 8.1.5. It just isn't a point and shoot tool, but that shouldn't constitute a real problem.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Mon Feb 10 2003 - 15:30:46 CET

Original text of this message