Re: help

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 09:02:21 -0800

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Feb 2003 12:41:37 -0000, "Richard Nield"
> <richard.nield_at_ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> > What can I tell him?
>
> - dbms_stats provides more accurate statistics
> - it can use multiple processors
> - you can set it up such you only need to calculate stale statistics.
>
> But of course I am abstracting the manual now, so I will leave it at
> this few lines.
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

In addition DBMS_STATS works with all of the new features added with 8i and 9i such as partitioned tables and indexes. Unless you are working with 7.x or 8.0 object types only this is important.

Go to http://tahiti.oracle.com to find documentation on this package.

Daniel Morgan Received on Sun Feb 09 2003 - 18:02:21 CET

Original text of this message