Discoverer Plus Reporting values associated with Max values

From: RyanWirth <ryandwirth_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 5 Feb 2003 14:40:10 -0800

Discoverer Plus Reporting values associated with Max values. This [Quoted] little problem has been bothering me for a while. Hypothetically, if I had two tables, Sales People (with SalesPersonID, Name) related in a one-to-many relationship with another table, Sales (with SalesID, Date, Amount, SalesPersonID). This is all set up nice in the EUL and BA, and I can get all the info fine in a report:
Name           ID        SalesID    Date         Amount
Ryan           1               1    01-01-01      30.00
                               2    02-01-01      50.00
                               3    03-01-01      25.00

But if I want to know what Ryans last sales amount is (eg. SalesPersonID, Name, MAX Date, Amount) discoverer cannot show me just the last amount, it shows all amounts and all dates. I can get just the Max date, but as soon as I pull in the amount the Max no longer applies. Is this a problem with my BA? Am I missing something? Thanks for any help,
Ryan Received on Wed Feb 05 2003 - 23:40:10 CET

Original text of this message