com object implementation in forms 9i

From: Trent <trent_vinyl_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 5 Feb 2003 15:47:42 -0800

Has anyone actually implemented this? We have a 3rd party application (imaging software) that has .dll's that under forms 5 we have accessed within the forms using ORA_FFI. Under 9i, I understand the need to create a JavaBean for this com object and then from pl/sql use the fbean package to implement it.

The example I've seen of this is the Microsoft Word one documented in "Client Side OLE Integration from Oracle9i Forms" on OTN. I find this article to be very confusing and it seems like it requires you to code quite a bit of java to get it implemented. Does anyone have a link to anything that may provide better info?

One particular question I have is do I need to create a javabean only on the java to ole interface package (i.e. J/Direct or Jacob) and then use that javabean within pl/sql to call the 3rd party com object? Or do I have to create a javabean for the 3rd party com object as well? And if so (under either approach), how much manual java coding is required within the javabean?

Basically, I'm lost here. Any help would be very much appreciated. Received on Thu Feb 06 2003 - 00:47:42 CET

Original text of this message