Re: Oracle 8.0.5 Download

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 10:40:18 -0800

Oscar wrote:

> I can't install 8.1.7 it has errors on the istallation with Windows 2000
> server in my case ! I download it but doen't works.
>
> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> escribió en el mensaje
> > Oscar wrote:
> >
> > > Where I can download it ?
> > >
> > > Thank's.
> >
> > Nowhere. It is unsupported obsolete software that hasn't been available
> > for years.
> >
> > Why not get 8.1.7 or 9.2 and set the compatible parameter if that
> > matters.
> >
> > Daniel Morgan

Surely you don't believe that there is an incompatibility between 8.1.7 and Win2K?

One that no one else is complaining about and that Oracle hasn't fixed given several years.

The problem lies elsewhere. And the solution, absolutely, is not an antique version of the database.

My guess is that Pablo is correct, you have a Pentium 4. But you didn't provide enough information to know for sure if that is the issue.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Jan 17 2003 - 19:40:18 CET

Original text of this message