Re: Pretty Printer for PL/SQL Code

From: Stefan Meissner <boromir_86_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:32:30 +0100

Alan Mills wrote:
> Surely you have some coding standards or guidelines for your project(s). In
> it I would expect a line that reads something like "code should be formatted
> using indentation to show code structure".
>
> What you're describing is cause enough, i think, to fail the quality
> check/review and send the code back to the developer for changing/fixing.
> It shouldn't be up to the reviewer to make code readable - it should be the
> developer, surely.
>
> Just my twopence worth!!!
>
> Alan

Hi Alan,

I'm waiting for that answer since 9:17 :-)

You are right, it should not be my job to do that. But the problem is that we got this code from our customer, I cannot go to the customer and tell them that they have produced bad code. Another point is that many of the developers are not longer available. So I need a tool which makes the code readable for me. I know it should be different, but what should I do ...

Stefan Received on Thu Jan 16 2003 - 14:32:30 CET

Original text of this message