Re: SIDs on network

From: dom <dominic.morris_at_eidosnet.co.uk>
Date: 15 Jan 2003 01:26:46 -0800

[Quoted] Hi Daniel,

[Quoted] Please excuse my lack of knowledge here; I am an complete Oracle newbie.

I'm writing a Windows client application; I'd like to scan the LAN for Oracle servers. E.g. my test setup consists of Oracle Ent. running on my development laptop, aswell as a dedicated machine also running Oracle Enterprise. When I run my application on this LAN, I'd like the two (assuming once instance per machine) servers' SIDs to show up in a listbox...

[Quoted] OEM == Oracle Enterprise Manager?

Many thanks,
dm.