Pro*C Configuration error in Linux

From: balaji k r <balajikr2002_at_yahoo.co.in>
Date: 12 Jan 2003 02:02:43 -0800

[Quoted] Dear friends,

          I have installed pcquest linux version 7.1, oracle 8.1.6 and Pro*C compiler version 2.2(i am not sure about this).My system configuration file pcscfg.cfg is empty. it doesn't contain anything after i installed Pro*C. the installation was also successful.

         I tried writing simple program in Pro*C.     my program was
#include"stdio.h"
#include"sqlca.h"

    void main()
    {

      varchar *uid="scott/tiger";
      EXEC SQL CONNECT :uid;
      printf("CONNECTED TO ORACLE");

    }

[Quoted]     This program gave me errors which run to pages. After which i changed my system configuration file to
pcscfg.cfg

sys_include=/usr/include
include=/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/precomp/public

    Then i export some environment variables such as PATH to the directory where Pro*C is installed.

Problem:

[Quoted] 1)unable to open stdio.h
2)unable to open sqlca.h
3)error in line no 48 in stddef.h
4)expecting for one of the following after ':'

    ... auto, char, const, double, enum, float, int, long, ulong_varchar, OCIBFileLocator OCIBlobLocator, OCIClobLocator, OCIDateTime, OCIExtProcContext, OCIInterval, OCIRowid, OCIDate, OCINumber, OCIRaw, OCIString, register, short, signed, sql_context, sql_cursor, static, struct, union, unsigned, utext, uvarchar, varchar, void, volatile, a typedef name, exec oracle, exec oracle begin, exec, exec sql, exec sql begin, exec sql type, exec sql var, Das Symbol "enum," ersetzte "size_t", um fortzufahren.

    Even though i modified the system configuration files the errors were not removed. i still get a lot of errors.

help me to get rid of this errors. i am doing my final year project in vellore institue of technology, vellore, india. my project is IMPLEMENTATION OF REPLICATION SERVER IN LINUX.for which i installed oracle 8.1.6 and Pro*C on to my Linux 7.1

what could be the problem? suggest me what are to be done to make the precompiler work properly.

expecting your reply at the earliest.

friendly,
balaji k r Received on Sun Jan 12 2003 - 11:02:43 CET

Original text of this message