Re: Pro*C Configuration error in Linux

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:54:33 +0100

balaji k r wrote:
> Dear friends,
> I have installed pcquest linux version 7.1, oracle 8.1.6 and
> Pro*C compiler version 2.2(i am not sure about this).My system
> configuration file pcscfg.cfg is empty. it doesn't contain anything
> after i installed Pro*C. the installation was also successful.
> I tried writing simple program in Pro*C.
> my program was
> #include"stdio.h"
> #include"sqlca.h"
> void main()
> {
> varchar *uid="scott/tiger";
> EXEC SQL CONNECT :uid;
> printf("CONNECTED TO ORACLE");
> }
>
> This program gave me errors which run to pages. After which i
> changed my system configuration file to
> pcscfg.cfg
> ----------
> sys_include=/usr/include
> include=/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/precomp/public
> Then i export some environment variables such as PATH to the
> directory where Pro*C is installed.
>

> Problem:
> -------
> 1)unable to open stdio.h
> 2)unable to open sqlca.h
> 3)error in line no 48 in stddef.h
> 4)expecting for one of the following after ':'
> ... auto, char, const, double, enum, float, int, long,
> ulong_varchar, OCIBFileLocator OCIBlobLocator, OCIClobLocator,
> OCIDateTime, OCIExtProcContext, OCIInterval, OCIRowid, OCIDate,
> OCINumber, OCIRaw, OCIString, register, short, signed,
> sql_context, sql_cursor, static, struct, union, unsigned,
> utext, uvarchar, varchar, void, volatile,
> a typedef name, exec oracle, exec oracle begin, exec,
> exec sql, exec sql begin, exec sql type, exec sql var,
> Das Symbol "enum," ersetzte "size_t", um fortzufahren.
>
> Even though i modified the system configuration files the errors
> were not removed. i still get a lot of errors.
>
> help me to get rid of this errors. i am doing my final year project in
> vellore institue of technology, vellore, india. my project is
> IMPLEMENTATION OF REPLICATION SERVER IN LINUX.for which i installed
> oracle 8.1.6 and Pro*C on to my Linux 7.1
>
> what could be the problem? suggest me what are to be done to make the
> precompiler work properly.
>
> expecting your reply at the earliest.
>
> friendly,
> balaji k r

Expecting a reply?

You can expect anything you want, but it's all volunteers out here. Not knowing pcquest Linux, I do wonder why you don't use current and/or supported combinations. RedHat and Suse pop to mind, as well as 8.1.7.
As for the rest, you environment isn't correct. stdio.h is default, as long as you have the development packages for your linux installed. Looks like you haven't, or it's not in the path.

Check for yourself.

Frank Received on Sun Jan 12 2003 - 14:54:33 CET

Original text of this message