Re: mod_plsql error

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 14:05:51 +0300

Make sure TNSNAMES.ORA in *9iAS home* has correct alias for the database you're trying to connect to.

Make sure you typed in correct credentials to connect to the database for the SCOTT DAD (and of course, make sure your DAD is called SCOTT). Make sure you have HELLO procedure in the schema the SCOTT DAD connects to and this procedure has no non-default arguments and optionally produces some output through OWA (HTP/HTF).

Make sure your *SYSTEM* environment has WV_GATEWAY_CFG variable set to point to correct wdbsvr.app file that holds all DADs configuration and mod_plsql defaults. You may need to reboot the server for this variable to be read properly (on Windows, OHS usually runs under LocalSystem (not a good thing, but default with 9iAS), which only reads environment on system startup, so subsequent changes are not taking effect until reboot.)

To make things easier to debug, turn on DAD debugging output in the wdbsvr.app file (which is usually in the [9iAS Home]\Apache\modplsql\cfg directory) - this setting is not available through web-based administration pages: a) locate your DAD section ([DAD_SCOTT]) b) locate error_style configuration parameter line (it's commented out by default)
c) change this line to read
error_style=GatewayDebug
d) connect to the mod_plsql administration page (usually at http://yourserver/pls/anyDAD/admin_/gateway.htm), go to DADs configuration page, load your DAD config and hit Apply button without changing anything - this will cause mod_plsql to reload the configuration from wdbsvr.app file, including new error_style setting.

Now for every failure mod_plsql will print detailed error page, which will include complete error description, CGI environment and some other useful info that should give you clues to what's wrong.

--
Vladimir Zakharychev (bob_at_dpsp-yes.com)                http://www.dpsp-yes.com