(unknown charset) Re: creating text items as runtime in forms 6.0

From: (unknown charset) NinjaToy <LCIYQBBEQVFA_at_spammotel.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 18:31:09 +0000

Without exact knowledge of your data structure I can only assume that the data is coming from seperate tables and therefore would be formed from a view.

Simply base your block on the view.
And then create on-insert, on-update, on-delete triggers which will effectively override the default forms trigger. in these triggers put some pseudocode something like:

on-insert trigger

if :type = 'BY' then
  insert into table1 ....
elseif :type = 'TO' then
  insert into table2.....
end if;

and so on for your delete and update triggers too. as in my previous posting, if you get the FRM-40602, when trying to update - you need to apply forms patchset to fix a bug with forms developer.

--
Suzuki SV650S - plop.  Gone.
Kwak ZX-6R J2 - hear the roar