DBMS_JOB PACKAGE PROBLEM

From: Playmaker <playmaker_at_iname.com>
Date: 26 Nov 2002 00:41:04 -0800

[Quoted] I want to use the DBMS_JOB package. I run the dbmsjob.sql script correctly. When I try to create the package body by running the script prvtjob.plb the package body is created with compilation errors like object SYS.DBMS_SQL is invalid. I tried to recompile the DBMS_SQL package but I get other errors like Encountered the symbol "CHARACTER" when expecting one of the following:   := . ) , _at_ % default. I have not altered the source code of any of these packages. I sould also mention that there are many packages with invalid status. I have run the gen_comp_all.sql script suggested from metalink but nothing was fixed. Can anyone please list for me the actions I must take from scratch in order to compile the DBMS_JOB package? Should I recreate the sys user? Unfortunately metalink has not helped a lot. Thank you in advance. Received on Tue Nov 26 2002 - 09:41:04 CET

Original text of this message