Re: A better SQL*Plus -- what features should it have?

From: Tim Cross <tcross_at_nospam.une.edu.au>
Date: 11 Nov 2002 09:23:42 +1100

Matthias Rogel <rogel_at_web.de> writes:

> toolsguy wrote:
> > I am developing a "better SQL*Plus". What features do you expect from a
> > better SQL*Plus?
> > Up-arrow to bring back commands from history is an obvious feature
> > that
> > is sorely missing in SQL*Plus. What else?
> >

> btw.
> up-arrow to bring back commands from history works in sqlplus:
> start it from a dos-box !!

I have also seen a unix version of sqlplus which appears to have been built with readline support which also provides command history etc.

Of course, if you use emacs sql mode, you get command history, dynamic completion, abbrev completion and syntax highlighting when you connect to sqlplus :-)

What platform and what implementation language are you planning to use for the "better" sqlplus?

Tim Received on Sun Nov 10 2002 - 23:23:42 CET

Original text of this message