(unknown charset) Re: Get oracle database to work over the LAN

From: (unknown charset) NinjaToy <LCIYQBBEQVFA_at_spammotel.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 13:57:23 +0000

i don't know how new you are to this but firstly check if you can ping machines from each other. check their ip addresses with ipconfig.exe

if they ping then they can physically 'see' each other on the network. Next step is to TNSPING each other to see if they can see each others databases. This require correct configuration of the tnsname.ora file entries for each database.